A Quick One

 A few pictures and signs of life from down here. David, Wayne and I played Check Your 6 Jet Age last weekend. We used the Korean War minis that Wayne recently picked up and I decaled. Wayne was kind enough to let me drive FOUR F-86s against four MiG-15s that he and David split 2 and 2. Piloting four planes well in CY6 is challenging. Hell, I often struggle to pilot one plane well.

I put the planes into two wings so I'd only have to plot movement for the two leads in the early going.

The spirit of Chuck Yeager was with me because it was as though I was reading their thoughts. Every time we'd move I was getting into favorable positions. This never happens when I'm driving!

David and Wayne visibly concerned about my prescience and flying ability.

I was able to score plenty of hits but those .50 cals don't pack much of a punch and all I did was pile on damage. The damage was telling though as Wayne loses a plane to ill-advised extreme maneuvers after sustaining airframe damage. Scratch one Commie!

ACK ACK ACK ACK! One more MiG into the ground below!

I got a nice solid hit on one of David's two remaining MiGs but his plane was up to the task with a fantastic robustness test of a twelve! We called the game at that point. My planes were untouched, though one was out of ammo. Both of Wayne's were destroyed and both of David's were damaged. A solid USAF victory and a rare win for me in CY6!

Mike showed up and the three of them played a game of Perry Miniatures' TravelBattle. I watched for about 45 minutes.

It was cute but not my cuppa.

This week I did make some painting progress. I finished up 24 knights for my 1/72s. Nothing amazing but it felt good to wrap up a large unit and officially add them to the collection.

On to the next painting job, right? I've got a 1/72 SdKfz 251/7 Pioneer halftrack under construction right now and a bit of a backlog of other things - 15mm aliens and RCMP, Malifaux Day of the Dead, 28mm French and British reinforcements for the colonials and a couple other things in the mail! I think this weekend it'll be some good old fashioned eastern front using Rate of Fire. It's been a while.

Comments

Popular Posts