I did drill out the bottoms of the ship and installed small magnets in the ships and I put magnets atop the bases. At least I won't have any "peg snappage issues."
I actually took pictures of the entire process which is a rarity for me.
Drilled out with magnets installed
Bases with magnets
Working on the red bellies
The primed squadron
Basic colors - getting froggy with it!
Some drybrushing to highlight the edges... and voila - the finished group! I picked out some of the details to break up the froggy colors. I like glossy finishes - I know it results in bad pictures but there's not accounting for taste!
I may number the bases to make it easy to differentiate between models during a game. In SFB, I can't see using the whole group at a time but I could easily field the whole mess in StarDust - they'll get their first trip to the tabletop soon enough.
I've also been working on a pile of 1/600 aircraft for Check Your Six Jet Age - Zig and I are going to try that out this weekend. I'll certainly post some pics.












Fond memories of the old SFB line. I love the "frog camo".
ReplyDelete