18 November 2014

In Progress

I took on a commission Sunday while I was at Morningstar. Jeff, the store owner asked me to paint up a box of FSA fliers for Dystopian Wars for him. I said "sure," then he said "can I have them in a week or so?" My face contorted and I squirmed a bit - I'm normally a very slow painter. I took it on anyway since it was a chance to paint some stuff without paying for them. I made a decent dent in the box last evening to my surprise. Here's the progress so far.



As usual, the Spartan models are excellent. There seemed to be a lot of release agent on the resin and the carrier still seemed a bit slick when I primed it but the primer stuck properly and I don't think it'll be a problem. Who knows, I may actually get some of this done on time!

2 comments:

  1. Is that a Klingon Battlecruiser in the background of the second picture? ;--)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's my buddy Mike's. It had been on a plastic peg which has since broken off in the hole. He wants me to drill the hole back out with my Dremel.

      Delete

Tis The Season

 The season of the witch, that is. I'm on another tangent right now and have dipped my toe back in the 1/72 pool. The models are from Re...