Springtime in the Caribbean

My bride and I put on a real, actual tabletop wargame this afternoon. The game of choice was Blood and Plunder, due mainly to the very appealing scenery choices which is a huge factor when gaming with my wife. My two forces are French and Native Americans. We set up for a Raid scenario in which the French would defend.

The Caribbean angle

And from the French corner. The red box shows the deployment area and the two yellow circles are objective locations for the Natives.

Keep that lobster safe!

The attackers piled up everything on my left flank. Great.

We exchanged musket fire early and I lost a guy straight away!

It took no time at all for the archers to rain arrows down upon my boucaniers (in the brown/tan gear). Four of my six heavy hitters fell in short order! This is turning into a disaster and we're still very early into the proceedings.

Warriors leap forward and strike down two more of the filbustiers. Gah!

But the two who remain are a nasty pair and give the tribesmen a good thumping, running them off! Captain Lefarge and Paul get a brief breather.

My militia troops who'd been held back were committed to the battle now. The two forward units were being taken to task and needed help badly! Militia is just the sort of bad help everyone can use.

Merde! The savages' arrows strike down Lefarge. I've lost a unit and my commander. This is terrible.

The militia line up while the boucaniers create some distance between themselves and the archers.

Sacre bleu! The warriors rush the militia men who had just fired at the distant archers. Two militia are struck down by the heavy clubs of their opponents.

Pierre lives to tell the tale! The rest of the militia and boucaniers are slain. It's a complete rout.

What a fun afternoon of gaming. Although it looks like a complete slaughter, the Frenchies did give a pretty good fight. The native musketeers were down to just one left and I'd killed half of the warriors and half of the archers. Unfortunately, I'd lost all but one of my guys! Blood and Plunder's a mighty fine game and a perfect one for a Saturday afternoon. Next time I'll have to pull out those boats, they've been in storage too long.

Be well, stay safe and happy Easter if you're so inclined.

Comments

  1. Looks like a great game.
    Must look into these rules and figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice set of rules and although I don't often plunk down for a commercial rules / miniatures combination, in this case I'm a happy customer.

      Delete
  2. Nice looking game, superb terrain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. That's one of the most appealing things about Blood and Plunder - the atmosphere. I really need to add a beach and pier.

      Delete
  3. Very attractive!
    Kinda needs a chorus of "Springtime for Louis and the French Caribbean" a la Mel Brooks, Gene Wilder, Zero Mostel and company...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts