Are You A Proper Wargamer?



This is starting to make the rounds... I'll add my 2 cents. I saw it on Wargaming Girl's blog.

* Spent at least £500 ($800) on figures / tanks - and you get extra kudos for every £500 you've spent
At least $20,000 in my life, probably much more than that

* Pricked your finger or thumb on a pike block - several times
Not on Pike Blocks, but on aerials and other bits

* Tried at least 10 different rule sets and vowed never to play half of them ever again
20+ rule sets and I am officially retired from two - Blood Bowl and Flames of War

* Bought an army off EBay
NEVER! (Unless it is just unpainted lead)

* Sold an army on EBay
Yes, twice. 40K Space Marines and FoW US Paratroopers

* spent months painting an army - then used it in anger once
Yes, Skaven in WHFB

* tried several different periods and genres
Yes yes yes! Lots of different stuff!

* dropped a box of figures on the floor from a great height
Worst ever was dumping a large tackle box containing a Lizardman army out of my car into the parking lot. Quick answer - yes, at least 3 times.

* lost a battle on the last throw of the dice
Yes, all the time. Most recent was yesterday.

* made at least one enemy for life
Yes. Risk, Blood Bowl (two), FoW.

* had a proper, stand up argument over a wargamers table
Oh hell yes. 

* thrown a dice across a room
Many - Blood Bowl and WHFB primarily. I've calmed down a lot since then though.

* rebased an army for a different rule set
Yes, plus my next big project will be converting FoW to WWII Spearhead

* inflicted a whopping defeat on an opponent
Yup. Made Bruce cry in WHFB. Smote the crap out of some Skaven in WHFB. I've whipped up a few 6-0 wins in FoW. Crushed some souls in Blood Bowl. 

* suffered an embarrassing defeat due to a stupid tactical decision
Constantly. It's my signature move.

* joined a wargamers club
No. It's not a "thing" around here.

* bought a ton of lead that remains unpainted
Nope. I've been very good about that.

* been to a wargamers show
Yup. I do like them too!

* have more dice than is logical or necessary to own - and have used most of them
Probably 800-1000

* have taken boxes of troops down to a club just to show them off to your mates
Nah. I break them out for fightin' not just showing off.

Comments

Popular Posts